Thursday, April 10, 2008

My death was unsuprising

After my father died in 1752, I gave up mathematics altogether. Most people had come to the conclusion that I wasn't all that into math, but I did it because my father had the expectations of his prodigy working with math and dealing with the greater picture of life. I didn't want to be known as wanting the ambition to become a famous mathematician; I wanted to be known for what I contributed to, what I built, and what other people could see I did. But almost as soon as my father died, I devoted my time and money to doing charitable work. I committed my time and ability to help those of the poor. Other than devoting most of my time to charities I also turned to religious studies to find comfort in my self. I built many hospices before I died knowing that they where going to help others in later years. I died in poverty alone in my poorhouse were I spent most of my time and was directing. I died on January 9, 1799. my death was unsurprising to most as well as my self.

No comments: