Friday, April 11, 2008

My successes

I did many things in my life and not I am ready to tell everyone what my accomplishments are an how I get to where I was in my life. I was at another meeting with other academic folks and I was nervous but I managed to give an hour long speech in Latin. I was only nine and I already made a speech in Latin that to was so amazing and overwhelming. When I turned 13 I was able to memorize the languages of; German, Latin, Greek, Hebrew, and Spanish.When I was older not to much older but a little I asked my father if I could join a convent; of course he denied my wishes and there for I, then, devoted my time to teach and help my younger brothers and sisters. Although I didn't mind teaching my brothers and sisters, i was sad that i dream, joining a convent, were put on hold.Although I was the first to write a book that discussed both the differential and integral ideas of calculus, that still did not make me happier then I wanted to be. One of my books was sort of a commentary, known as "Traite analytique des sections coniques of the marquis de l'Hôpital" it explained how the curve of the "Witch of Agnesi" or "versiera" meaning to turn. An example of my work looks like this:

173 Find the area between the witch of Agnesi xy2 = 4a2(2a - x) and its asymptote."

Now the formula to solve this is:

y=8a3/x2+4a2

Now when a is any non-zero constant use this formula:

y=1/x2+1

These formulas were first used by B. Williamson, Integral calculus, 7 in 1875. I never had a chance to meet him, but I heard he used it and worked with it in his studies.

No comments: